Durban Day and overnight Safari Tours: Guide – Tim Brown
Its all about passion! I have an absolute passion for nature and the outdoors!
I have been guiding Since 2005 in the top private lodges in Africa and now have taken my love of nature to another level. Tim Brown Tours has been running since February 2010. I believe that a guest should always leave wanting to return and have experienced the best that we can offer in every way. I believe in giving my clients a holistic experience ensuring that they leave having used all of there senses in there experience. An Experience is not only a visual or spiritual one but senses like Smell, Hearing and Touching the environment make all the difference in an average Tour compared to an amazing one!
I am very conservation minded and wish to educate people in the destruction man has caused, while giving them an unforgettable experience within nature. I offer to my clients an experience from star gazing to the formation of the earth, flora and fauna and everything in between. I believe in helping clients interpret what they are taking in with their senses and Wow them as much as I can! Read more on my “About Me” page.
As Tim Brown Tours has grown, it is no longer just myself running the tours. We now have a few guides which work for us or with us to ensure we satisfy our clients needs. All our guide are highly qualified and experienced in our area of expertise, KwaZulu Natal. We believe in being specialist hence we focus our guiding and touring to KwaZulu Natal so as to be the best company specializing in the area.
We may branch out in the future to cover Kruger Park and other areas but will always want to ensure that our clients are looked after with a qualified and experienced guide.
Life Growning up:
I grew up in South Africa outside of Durban in a suburb. As a family we always went walking / hiking in nature. Once I entered the world of nature as an adult it became my “Drug”.
Some of the things I have been involved in during my life are as follows:
- Social worker in Ireland
- Game Ranger in Big 5, 5 star reserves
- Tracking Big 5, general game and injured animals
- Game capture in South Africa and Dubai (Hands on)
- Vaccinating animals
- Educational Safari Tours through an animal Rehabilitation Centre
- Education of Students with Bush walks and Game drives
I love the phrase I have on a pair of shorts
“Explore your surroundings, Take only pictures leave only footprints kill only time” That’s how I wish to live….
Some courses I’ve attended:
- Level 2 FGASA (Theory)
- One year Field Guide and Lodge management course
- First Aid Level 1 course with St John Ambulance
- Computer Literacy
- Sports Massage
I am Registered with:
- FGASA (Field guides association of Southern Africa)
- DEAT (Department of environmental affairs and tourism)
- THETA (The Tourism, Hospitality, Sport education and Training Authority)
- DPD Public/Professional Driving Permit)
- DOT (Public Transport Permit)
- SASSETA Safety and Security, Sector Education and Training Authority)
- Durban Tourism (1000 Hills Tourism)
- TKZN (Kwa Zulu Natal Tourism Board)
To develop a career working with wildlife and people (educate) where I can further my love of the outdoors and at the same time, contribute to the development of the environment and the important tourist potential of our beautiful country South Africa!